If you love hazelnuts, you could not appreciate these cookies.
Easy to make, delicious and simply elegant.
Perfect breakfast cookie or to serve as a little dessert alongside a cup of coffee.
Recipe by Luca Montersino..
Langhe cookies - 40 cookies
- 14 tbs (200 gr.) soft unsalted butter, diced
- 2/3 cup ( 80 gr.) icing sugar
- 2 tbs (30 gr.) heavy cream
- 2 cups (240 gr.) cake flour
- 2 generous tbs (20 gr.) cocoa powder
- a generous ½ cup (100 gr.) roasted chopped blanched hazelnuts
- pinch of salt
- seeds from ½ vanilla pod or vanilla extract
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter with sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add heavy cream in a thin steady stream and flour sifted with cocoa powder.
- Add chopped hazelnuts
- Shape the dough into a rectangle, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 3 hours, at least.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough 1/6 inch (5 mm.) thick and with a square cookie cutter, 1.5 in. per side (4 cm.) cut cookies until no dough remains.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared trays and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat fan oven to 325 F (170°) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.