Toast or sandwich bread…..or simply for breakfast….with butter and jam
Soft and tasty, with butter and milk in the dough.
You can store in freezer…..
What else? To try.
Toast bread - make 2 pounds loaf
- 4 cups (500 g) medium strong flour (260W)
- 1 cup (125 g) strong bread flour (350W)
- 1 1/3 cup +1 tbs (312 g) whole fat milk
- 4.5 tbs (63 g) soft unsalted butter
- 0.7 oz (18 g) fresh yeast ( I used 0.5 oz. 13 g)
- 1 tbs + ½ tsp (18 g) superfine granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp (12.5 g) salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook, add flours, crumbled yeast and sugar.
- Add half of the milk and start to knead.
- Add gradually the remaining milk, and when dough just comes together, add gradually soft butter.
- Then, add salt and knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Butter a bowl, shape the dough into a ball, place the dough into the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until almost double in size.
- Then deflate the dough, and with a rolling pin, flatten the dough and shape into a rectangle.
- With the shortest side facing you, roll the dough to shape a log.
- Prepare Pullman pan (4x 4x12 inches - 10x10x30 cm.) by greasing the pan and lid.
- Gently press dough down the center and into the corners of the pan.
- Put the lid on the pan and allow dough to rise till the top of the pan.
- Heat oven to 350-400 F (180-200°C) and bake for about 60 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
- The original recipe calls for flour strenght 280W.