A creamy and veloute soup……..the typical comfort food perfect for the winter nights.
Perfect for lunch or as a starter, to serve in small portions.
Once tasted, you will prepare it again and again.
Cauliflower veloute with leeks and potatoes - serves 4
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small blond onion, chopped
- 7 oz (200 g) peeled and diced potatoes
- 4.5 oz (130 g) sliced leeks
- a generous pound (500 g) cauliflower florets
- 4.5 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 2 oz (50 g) sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- chili pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, sautee chopped onion, then add potatoes and leek and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add cauliflower florets and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock, cover with a lid and simmer until cauliflower is tender,
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to the jar of a blender; carefully blend until smooth.
- Add sour cream and blend once more.
- Divide soup evenly among 4 serving plates, sprinkle with pepper and chili pepper flakes
- and serve immediately.