I love apple cakes, apple pies or tarte tatin.
Perfect for breakfast, with a cup of tea or whenever you want something sweet.
Here a very simple and fast apple cake: crispy outside and soft inside…..
To try as soon as possible.
Crispy apple cake - serves 6/8
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp (150 g) pastry flour
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
- ½ cup + 2 tsp (110 g) superfine granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (1.5 sticks) + 2 tbsp (200 g) soft unsalted butter
- seeds from vanilla pod
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 medium whole eggs
- generous ½ cup (125 g) plain yogurt
- 2 apples, peeld,cored and thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (50 g) superfine granulated sugar extra, to dust
- Butter and flour an 8 inches (20 cm) springform pan and set aside.
- Heat fan oven 325 F-160°C.
- Ina mixing bowl, sift flour with baking and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk butter with sugar, vanilla and lemon zest, until it has lightened.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Then, add the flour mixture, alternately with the yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Stop the mixer and stir, by hand, apple slices.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a palette knife.
- Dust with extra sugar and bake for 70 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Recipe adapted from David Rocco.