Lemon crinkle cookies………for sure the best cookies ever……
I am addicted to bake cookies, as I have said several times…but these ones are something special.
Soft, with a cakey texture ….a texture I haven’t really found in other cookies.
It seems to eat a slice of cake……but you are eating a cooky……unbelievable…..
Do not forget the perfect combination of flavors: lemon and white chocolate….delicious.
Try for your Xmas party: no one will resist.
- 1.5 cups + 2 tbs (200 gr.) Ap flour
- 6 tbs (85 gr.) soft unsalted butter
- ½ cup (100 gr.) superfine granulated sugar
- 1 medium whole egg
- 1 small whole egg
- ½ cup (80 gr.) white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 dash baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- vanilla extract
- superfine granulated sugar extra for dipping
- powder sugar for dipping
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- in the bowl of a stand mixer (fitted with paddle attachment) place butter and sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add lemon zest, and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Add in gradually dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chips, mix to combine, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours.
- (The dough will be soft, anyway).
- Remove the dough from the fridge, shape into balls, (like a walnut) and place on baking sheets and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat fan hoven to 325F (170°).
- Roll balls into white sugar and toss into the icing sugar to coat and place on baking sheets, leaving room to spread.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- I like soft cookies. If you prefer more crunchy, continue baking for a further 2-3 minutes.