Salad, or better, salads are a world of their own, a lifestyle, a way of thinking and of eating.
Their savours and flavours are like a masterpiece, simply born from nothing, from ingredient’s simplicity, from the earth.
Here a combination of sweet and strong flavours.
- - Salad -
- 4 large red plums
- 1 large head of frisée
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 3.5 ounces (100 gr.) pancetta or bacon
- 3 slices of bread crust less and cubed
- - Marinade -
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- the juice of 2 limes
- Wash and trim the salad head.
- Wash the fruit, dry and, without peeling it, slice it with a mandolin or a slicer.
- In a large bowl, mix the lime juice with salt. Slowly add 4 tbsp oil.
- Dip apples and plums in the emulsion and set aside to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- In a non sticking frying pan brown the bread cubes with a tbsp of oil.
- In the same pan fry the bacon until crisp. Drain the fruit from the marinade and set aside the remaining juice.
- Arrange the salad leaves, apples and plums on your plates.
- Add the crispy pancetta, the croutons and drizzle with the marinade just before serving.