I eat fish 4 or 5 times a week.
In summer…..even more often, adding fish in salads.
It is a dish with my favorite Mediterranean flavors…olives and tomatoes.
in preparing salad the main ingredient is fantasy…..so you can add or take away whatever you want….
- - Salad -
- 14 ounces (400 gr.) whole calamari
- 8 ounces (220 gr.) cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp “taggiasche” olives (black), stoned
- 11 ounces (300 gr.) cherry tomatoes
- - Dressing -
- the juice of 2 limes
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- pink pepper
- - Garnishing -
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 2 handful small lamb’s lettuce
- Wash the calamari, empty them, discard the transparent cartilage, the fin, eyes and beak and the skin of the head-bag.
- Cut the bags in rings and cook in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Wash the tomatoes, quarter, discard the seeds and cut the flesh.
- Drain the chickpeas from their liquid.
- Trim and wash the lettuce and basil.
- Arrange all the ingredients on plates, dress with the lime juice, salt and the two peppers, coarsely grounded.
- Decorate with the lamb’s lettuce, a few fresh basil leaves and serve.