Friends … .in this recipe I propose you some Cottage cheese mini buns…..
Yes, yes, you got it right, cottage cheese.
These buns contain precisely cottage cheese instead of milk ……
They are soft and silky, delicious to be eaten plain or perfect to be stuffed.
For Christmas holidays, these Cottage cheese mini buns are for you and I’m sure they will be very soon on your tables.
- 7 oz (200 g) cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbap + 1 tsp (100 g) warm water
- 12 g fresh yeast
- ½ cup + ¼ cup (100 g) strong bread flour
- 2 1/3 cups (300 g) all purpose flour
- 1 medium whole egg (50 g)
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 3 tbsp (45 g) superfine granulated sugar
- a generous tsp (8 g) salt
- Poppy seeds
- White sesame seeds
- Mixed seeds for bread
- 1 whole egg
- Melt yeast in the water.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour cottage cheese, the egg, sugar, baking soda and the mixture water/yeast.
- Mix with a fork to combine.
- Add bread flour and knead with the hook attachment on low speed.
- Then, add flour, a tablespoon at a time until you get a soft dough (do not exceed 2 1/3 cups flour).
- Then, add salt and knead on a medium speed for 12/15 minutes to get cottage cheese completely combined.
- Shape the dough into a ball and let rise until double in size, in a buttered bowl.
- Deflate the dough, shape the dough into a ball, place in a buttered bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape with the dough small balls, about 1.5 oz each (40 g) and let rise until double in size on a baking tray with baking sheets.
- Heat fan oven 340F - 170°C.
- Brush mini buns with beatene egg, sprinkle with seeds and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.