Toast or sandwich bread…..or simply for breakfast….with butter and jam
Soft and tasty, with butter and milk in the dough.
You can store in freezer…..
What else? To try.
- 4 cups (500 g) medium strong flour (260W)
- 1 cup (125 g) strong bread flour (350W)
- 1 1/3 cup +1 tbs (312 g) whole fat milk
- 4.5 tbs (63 g) soft unsalted butter
- 0.7 oz (18 g) fresh yeast ( I used 0.5 oz. 13 g)
- 1 tbs + ½ tsp (18 g) superfine granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp (12.5 g) salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook, add flours, crumbled yeast and sugar.
- Add half of the milk and start to knead.
- Add gradually the remaining milk, and when dough just comes together, add gradually soft butter.
- Then, add salt and knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Butter a bowl, shape the dough into a ball, place the dough into the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until almost double in size.
- Then deflate the dough, and with a rolling pin, flatten the dough and shape into a rectangle.
- With the shortest side facing you, roll the dough to shape a log.
- Prepare Pullman pan (4x 4x12 inches - 10x10x30 cm.) by greasing the pan and lid.
- Gently press dough down the center and into the corners of the pan.
- Put the lid on the pan and allow dough to rise till the top of the pan.
- Heat oven to 350-400 F (180-200°C) and bake for about 60 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
- The original recipe calls for flour strenght 280W.