For breakfast I eat cookies, healthy cookie.
These ones are simple, delicious and perfect to dip in your cup of tea.
Recipe by Luca Montersino.
Ready to bake?
- 2 cups (240 gr.) pastry flour
- ½ cup (100 gr.) superfine granulated sugar
- 7 tbs (100 gr.) soft unsalted butter
- 3 tbs + 2 tsp (30 gr.) rice starch
- 1 small (40 gr.) whole egg
- 5 tsp (20 gr.) heavy cream
- 2 tsp (10 gr.) powdered glucose
- 2 dashes (2 gr.) baking powder
- seeds from ½ vanilla pod or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
Sift flour with rice starch, baking powder and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter with sugar and glucose.
Add heavy cream, egg, salt and vanilla and mix to combine.
Add sifted powders and mix just to combine.
Shape a ball, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least one hour.
With a rolling pin, roll the dough out and with 2 different cookie cutters, cut into circles and pierce the center.
Collect scraps, roll again, cut more cookies, and repeat until no dough remains.
Arrange the cookies on the prepared trays e refrigerate for a further hour.
Heat fan oven to 325 F (170 °) and bake for 16 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.