For breakfast I eat cookies, healthy cookie.
These ones are simple, delicious and perfect to dip in your cup of tea.
Recipe by Luca Montersino.
Ready to bake?
- 2 cups (240 gr.) pastry flour
- ½ cup (100 gr.) superfine granulated sugar
- 7 tbs (100 gr.) soft unsalted butter
- 3 tbs + 2 tsp (30 gr.) rice starch
- 1 small (40 gr.) whole egg
- 5 tsp (20 gr.) heavy cream
- 2 tsp (10 gr.) powdered glucose
- 2 dashes (2 gr.) baking powder
- seeds from ½ vanilla pod or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- Sift flour with rice starch, baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter with sugar and glucose.
- Add heavy cream, egg, salt and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add sifted powders and mix just to combine.
- Shape a ball, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out and with 2 different cookie cutters, cut into circles and pierce the center.
- Collect scraps, roll again, cut more cookies, and repeat until no dough remains.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared trays e refrigerate for a further hour.
- Heat fan oven to 325 F (170 °) and bake for 16 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.