Blueberries soft cake … a simple and delicious cake recipe, soft and moist, with a seasonal fruit: blueberries. A very simple and soft batter, thanks to ricotta cheese and fresh fruit ……. a perfect cake for breakfast or afternoon snack, which will appeal not only to children.
- 3 medium (150 g) whole eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 4 tbsp (160 g) superfine granulated sugar
- 10.5 oz (300 g) fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (200 g) almond meal
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Zest from 1 big lemon
- 1/3 cup (40 g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 g) fresh blueberries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Heat oven at 350F - 180°C.
- Butter and flour an 8 inches (20 cm) springform pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip whole eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add sifted ricotta cheese and whip to combine.
- Then add oil and lemon zest and mix until completely incorporated.
- By hand, with a whisk, add sifted flour and mix to combine.
- Pour half the batter in the pan, spread evenly with a spatula, cover the whole surface with blueberries and pour the remaining batter.
- Smooth the surface and cover with the remaining blueberries.
- Bake for about 50 minutes (check the cake is done with a wooden skewer).
- Let completely cool and dust with icing sugar.