Chocolate and almond cake, a simple and quick recipe for baked desserts lovers, perfect for breakfast or for an afternoon snack.
The chocolate and almond cake is moist, soft and crunchy, thanks to the almonds on the surface.
A simple and fast dessert, where you only need to combine all the ingredients, in sequence, bake the cake and wait for the cake to be done.
The chocolate and almond cake is perfect for holidays, where there is no time or even special equipment, and allows you to make a delicious dessert with just a few ingredients.
A delicious cake … absolutely worth trying with a coffee..
Chocolate and almond cake
- 1/2 cup (110 g) soft unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp + 1 tsp (150 g) superfine granulated sugar (I)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (110 g) almond meal
- 4 oz (110 g) dark chocolate 70% Guanaja Valrhona
- 4 tsp (25 g) heavy cream, warm
- 4.5 medium (85 g) egg yolks
- 4.5 medium (130 g) egg whites room temperature
- 3 tbsp (45 g) superfine granulated sugar (II)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (110 g) all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons (7.5 g) baking powder
- Almond slices
- Neutral glaze
- Snowdrop sugar
Batter and bake
Heat fan oven at 320F - 160°C.
With a hand whisk, whip butter with sugar (I).
Then add almond meal and beat until incorporated.
Add melted chocolate and mix to combine.
Then with the hand whisk running, add warm heavy cream and egg yolks.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip egg whites with remaining sugar (II).
Sift flour with baking powder.
Pour half the whipped egg whites in the mixture and fold to combine.
Add sifted flour, then, the remaining whipped egg whites.
Pour the batter in a buttered and floured 9.5 inches (24 cm.) cake pan, smooth the surface
And cover with almond slices.
Cover the pan with a Silicone towel, place a baking tray on top and bake for 35/40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Let warm and remove the cake from the pan.
Let completely cool, then brush with neutral glaze and dust with snowdrop sugar.