A very fast and easy cocoa cake to prepare…really very moist and soft.
I guarantee you it won’t last long.
To prepare this wonderful cake, you only need a few ingredients that we all always keep at home.
Furthermore, no special equipment is required: if you do not have a stand mixer, you can use an electric mixer.
In short, you have no more excuses not to try to make it happen, even if you are on holiday
- 1.5 (75 g) whole medium eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tsp (210 g) superfine granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp (82 g) rice oil
- 1/3 cup (75 g) plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tsp (140 g) whole fat milk
- 1 cup less 1 tbsp (117 g) pastry flour
- 1/2 cup (48 g) cocoa powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon (3.65 g) baking powder
- Icing sugar to dust
Heat fan oven at 390F - 200°C.
Butter and flour a 6 cups bundt cake (Nordic Ware) and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip on high speed whole eggs and sugar for about 7/8 minutes.
On high speed, add very gradually and slowly the oil, until completely incorporated
(It will take about 7/8 minutes).
On low speed, add the yogurt and milk.
Then add sifted powders until incorporated (do not over mix).
Pour the batter into the mould, low the temperature of the oven at 300F - 150°C and bake for 55 minutes.
Test with a skewer.
Out of the oven, unmould the cake and let completely cool.
Dust with icing sugar.