If you love hazelnuts, you could not appreciate these cookies.
Easy to make, delicious and simply elegant.
Perfect breakfast cookie or to serve as a little dessert alongside a cup of coffee.
- ½ cup (115 gr.) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup + 2 tbs (140 gr.) icing sugar
- 2 tbs (30 gr.) hazelnut paste
- a generous tbs (10 gr.) cocoa powder
- 1 cup – 1 tbs (70 gr.) hazelnut meal
- 2 cups (230 gr.) cake flour
- 1 medium whole egg
- hazelnut to decorate
In the bowl of a food processor add flour, butter and hazelnut meal and process to get a sandy mixture.
Add egg, sifted icing sugar hazelnut paste and process a little.
Add cocoa powder and knead with your hands to get a dough.
Shape into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Roll out the dough ½ inch thick and with a round 2 inches cookie cutter, cut cookies.
Place Half hazelnut on each cookie and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Heat Fan oven to 325 F (170°) and bake for 16 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.