The sbrisolona …… .In Italy everyone knows the sbrisolona.
A simple cake to make, prepared with corn meal, cake flour and almonds.
It is a very crumbly and crunchy dessert, made of dough crumbs …that’s the name sbrisolona.
Perfect with coffee for breakfast or for a snack.
- 1/2 cup (85 g) corn meal
- 2/3 cup (85 g) pastry flour
- 1 large (30 g) egg yolk
- 6 tbsp (85 g) cold diced unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp + 2 tsp (85 g) superfine granulated sugar
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1,25 g salt
- 2 g baking powder
- 2.5 oz (70 g) chopped unblanched almonds
- Whole unblanched almonds (about 20 pieces)
- Heat fan oven at 340 F - 170°C.
- In a bowl, sift flours with baking powder and salt.In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, place the flours with butter and vanilla and start to knead.
- Add sugar, then egg yolk.Knead until you get a sandy mixture.With your hands, combine the mixture.
- Add chopped unblanched almonds and combine with your hands.
- Crumble the mixture into a 7 inches (18 cm) baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Scatter on the surface whole unblanched almonds.
- Bake for 35/40 minutes.Let completely cool before removing from the tin.Enjoy.