Chocolate Banana Bread is simply gorgeous.
Tender and moist……this Chocolate Banana Bread is a chocolate lovers dream!
It is the best chocolate banana bread recipe.
Melted chocolate, chocolate chunks and cocoa powder give this banana bread a deep chocolate flavor.
Ultra chocolatey, it is super easy and quick to make.
Chocolate Banana Bread is wonderful to serve for breakfast or dessert.
Chocolate banana bread batter
- 10 oz (280 g) very ripe bananas (peeled)
- 5.5 tbsp (75 g) warm melted unsalted butter
- 1 generous tbsp (15 g) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (130 g) Demerara sugar
- 2 medium (100 g) whole eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (155 g) pastry flour
- 1/8 cup (16 g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3 g) baking soda
- 2 generous pinches of salt
- 3 oz (80 g) melted 55% dark chocolate (I used Inaya 65% by Cacao Barry)
- 1.5 oz (40 g) chopped dark chocolate (I used Inaya 65% by Cacao Barry)
- Neutral glaze
- Snow sugar
- Banana chips
- Tempered milk chocolate (optional)
Heat fan oven at 300F - 150°C.
Butter and flour 2 loaf pans, 6x2x3 inches (15x5x8 cm) and set aside.
In a bowl, sift the flour with baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
In another bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
Add the egg, butter and oil and whisk to combine.
Then, add the sugar and whisk once again to combine.
Add in 2 or 3 batches the sifted powders and combine with a whisk.
Add the melted chocolate, then add chopped chocolate and gently mix to combine. Pour half of the batter inside each mold (420 g each) knock the mould on the counter to smooth the surface and bake for 50 minutes, on the second shelf of the oven starting from the bottom (ceck with a skewer that has to come out clean and dry). Remove the loafs from the moulds and let completely cool. Brush the surface with neutral glaze and garnish with milk chocolate.
Dust with snow sugar and garnish with banana chips.