Red berries streusel tart … a recipe as simple as delicious. A pate sucrée flavored with Tonka bean, an almond filling, lots of red berries and an almond streusel … just simple ingredients for this gorgeous tart, really tasteful. To see to prepare the red berries streusel tart, watch the video here.
Short crust pastry
- 1 1/3 cups (165 g) pastry flour
- 3 tbsp (16.5 g) almond powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (50 g) icing sugar
- 7 tbsp (95 g) soft salted butter
- 1/2 (27 g) medium whole egg, lightly beaten
- Tonka bean
- 1/2 cup + a scant tbsp (75 g) pastry flour
- 1/3 cup (75 g) light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (75 g) almond powder
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp (75 g) unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (55 g) soft unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp + 1 tsp (55 g) superfine granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (55 g) almond powder
- 1 large (55 g) whole egg
- 1 tbsp (10 g) corn starch , (Maizena)
- Mixed frozen red berries , (blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, red currant)
- Some fresh cherries
- Icing sugar
- Fresh red berries to garnish
Short crust pastry
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter with almond meal, sifted icing sugar and grated Tonka bean.
- Add lightly beaten whole egg and mix to combine.
- Add the sifted flour with salt and mix just to combine.
- Flatten the dough into a round disc, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Place a tart ring (8 inches in diameter and 1 inch in high) on a perforated baking tray with perforated baking sheets.
- Roll the dough gently until you have an even 3mm thickness.
- Gently ease the dough into the sides of the ring, use your fingertips to press the pastry into the edges and up the wall of the tin.
- Using the knife, remove the overhanging pastry.
- Prick the base with a fork and refrigerate for 8 hours or freeze.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, place butter, sugar, pastry flour and almond meal.
- Mix until a sandy mixture forms.
- Spread the dough on a baking tray with baking paper and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, soften the butter with a small whisk or with a fork, then add sugar and mix to combine.
- Add all other ingredients and mix to combine until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a pastry bag and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat fan oven at 320F - 160°C.
- Fill the shell with almond filling and smooth the top.
- Garnish the tart with frozen berries and halved and pitted fresh cherries.
- Bake for 35/40 minutes or until golden.
- Let completely cool, dust with icing sugar and fresh berries on top.
Frozen berries: I bought fresh berries, then placed in deep freezer. I suggest not to buy in the frozen berries in the supermarket Streusel: I suggest to prepare ahead